Distal Extremity Sales Manager for Goode Surgical
Plans, organizes, and controls an assigned product line from conceptual stages through product life cycles to optimize profit and meet marketing, financial, and corporate growth objectives by performing the following duties for the Distal Extremities business segment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops new products in conjunction with Marketing, Engineering and Sales Management personnel.
- Manages day to day progress of product
- Participates in overall product strategy, research and development requirements, development, and manufacturing coordination for new and emerging products.
- Coordinates technical product development, estimates of potential profits, and release to production specific to product line
- Collaborates with a wide variety of functional areas such as sales, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, and operations to develop and provide product definitions responsive to customer needs and market opportunities.
- Provides technical expertise and training to other departments in support of product development.
- Conducts marketing analysis to develop product definitions.
- Develops and maintains a prioritized list of customer and market requirements for product.
- Coordinates and develops marketing, sales, engineering, and financial plans for product line.
- Provides financial and technical justification for product selection and definition.
- Prepares product development objectives and schedules for all phases of product development and introduction to market.
- Conducts market research and identifies and tracks market trends in company’s industry.
- Produces competitive analysis materials comparing product with its key competitors.
- Identifies partnering opportunities for complementary third-party products to broaden company’s product line.
- Participates in key sales situations for the product.
- Maintains communications and contacts to collect and analyze technical, financial, schedule, and sales information for product line.
- Identifies market potential, establishes pricing and market strategies, estimates potential sales, introduces market, distribution/channel issues, and manages mature product through phase-out.
- Provides expertise in particular product area and develops strategies and applicable portions of the company business plan.
- Plans, organizes, and coordinates assigned programs to ensure accomplishment of financial/budgetary goals and optimum allocation of resources.
- Manages resources to execute assigned programs.
- Coordinates details of program within the organization with a wide range of functions and individuals.
- Coordinates product introduction and market exploitation with marketing and sales organizations to ensure maximum penetration of market segment.
- Provides continuing product surveillance and management of established product to obtain financial objectives.
- Responsible for tracking product development through the development process from product concept, design, prototype to actual release by resolving issues that arise.
- Drives and champions development requirements and ensures that project risk is minimized. Submits reports and status updates to senior management.
- Determines the initial production quantities and twelve month moving forecast.
- Acts as the primary interface with assigned customers and its agents for all matters.
- Responsible for maintaining communication with the customer to maintain and control project scope as applies to defined design, budget, quality and schedule agreements.
- Provide technical assistance with complex customer issues as well as consulting services to streamline customer internal management processes.
- Reviews/analyzes status reports prepared by the project team personnel and modifies schedules and/or plans as required. Monitors financial activities to ensure team compliance to budget parameters.
- Establishes project plans, scope of work and accompanying definitions.
- Prepares technical and financial reviews of the assigned projects and presents information to Senior Managers, business unit management, customer and project team personnel as required.
- Prioritize staff workloads in order to meet customer needs/objectives in all areas.
- Develop and train staff to ensure high skill levels.
- Assigns and monitors program staff, providing technical support and direction.
- Establishes operational and project objectives and assignments and delegates assignments to project team.
- Directs and coordinates the activities of project team personnel (engineering, manufacturing, procurement, marketing and quality) to ensure projects progress on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Conducts surgeon and sales rep product and procedure training. Collaborates with a wide variety of functional areas such as sales, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, and operations to develop and provide product definitions responsive to customer needs and market opportunities.
- Manages the development stage of the product life cycle.
- Responsible for ensuring that all customer requirements are met including the monitoring of test reports, documentation of instructions, etc.
- Defines promotional activities, publicizing the product through the press, sales force, and alternate distribution channels.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key surgeons.
- Ability to work with cadavers in a lab setting
- Required Travel up to 25%.
Incidental Duties: The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required preferably in business
- MBA preferred
- A combination of both medical device sales and marketing/product management experience is essential.
- Five years’ experience in orthopedic device equipment marketing or product management and/ or sales required
- A proven track record of sales achievements a plus
- A record of travel in prior positions must be presented
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Knowledge of surgical orthopedics required.
- Excellent listening skills, including the ability to identify and isolate customers concerns or objections, in addition to excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent communication and public speaking / presentation skills are required.
- Performance and Results oriented/sense of urgency
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective decision making
- Creative problem-solving skills
- High level of attention to detail
Interested candidates should send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the Apply Online button below.
Goode Surgical is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.